Daily Deals

"> ">

Sunday, August 21, 2011

What I learned on summer vacation in Los Angeles

1.        There are more Range Rovers, Mercedes and BMW’s driven in LA than Pickup Trucks in Texas.
2.       Californians love to use their car horns.  Even when there is nowhere for the car in front of them to go, they must beep the horn.  I don’t get it.
3.       You can get Botox on the Beach.  Although I was tempted, I did not do it.
4.       You can get Medical Marijuana at the Recommendation Station on Venice Beach, for just about anything.  And no, this one did not even temp me.
5.       Musical Artists from the 60’s, namely Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger of The Doors can still “Rock It” at the Whiskey a Go-Go.  They were awesome.
6.       Parking is a pain and I now know why people who live in California are so healthy.  They walk or ride their bicycles everywhere, to avoid paying for parking.
7.       What they say about the traffic in California is true, it’s everywhere.  I guess you just take the good with the bad.   For us, even though we spent time in traffic we were in a convertible, with the top down and the sun shining down on us.  Life doesn’t get much better than that.
8.       The people in California are super friendly.  I was pleasantly surprised at this one.
9.       Pinks Hot Dogs was not all that I thought it would be.  I was very disappointed because I had heard how great it was.
10.   You really can get a tattoo from Kat Von D at LA Ink.  This one did not temp me either, but it was kind of cool to see the place.
11.   The drive on Pacific Coast Highway 1 is breathtaking.  It has got to be one of the most beautiful drives I have ever seen if my life.  WOW is all I can say.
12.   If you ever have the chance to take the drive up Mulholland Dr., DO IT!  Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!  Words cannot describe this scenic trip.
13.   The weather in California is spectacular.  High 70’s to low 80’s during the day with radiant sunshine and 60’s at night.  Sure beats the 107 degree temperature Houston had today.  But best of all, no humidity.
14.   It is not nearly as expensive as I had anticipated.  Sure, there were some expensive restaurants we went to, but lunch for the 2 of us at In-N-Out Burger today was only $11.00.  That included 2 cheeseburgers, an order of French fries,  a chocolate shake, a medium Sprite and a large iced tea.  And FYI, the burgers were delicious.
15.   I now know why so many people move to California and stay forever!  I know I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment